Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Wedding in Dallas


The week before Halloween, we were in Dallas for the wedding of Lee's brother, Stephen.  It was so fun to get to visit and see everyone.  The wedding was beautiful and Mariann was on of the flower girls.  Her Grandma made her this beautiful dress to where and her new aunt Becky made the wand for the girls to hold.  Mariann loved the dress and has wanted to wear it to church every week since.






We were lucky that my Mom had planned to take my Grandmas to Texas at the same time so we were able to visit with her and to leave the kids with her during the sealing. 


Peter and Lee wore matching suits and ties.


I made this skirt for the wedding.  It was the first item of clothing I had ever sown!!  It was suprisingly fun to make and I think I did a really good job.  It turned out a little big, and I had to get a little help with the button but for my first try I thnk I did awesome.


Mariann wasn't real keen on getting her picture take and wouldn't look up. However, Becky looked stunning in her wedding dress.


Getting all the grandsons together for a picture with the groom was next to impossible.  Toddlers just have minds of there owns and sitting still is not a top priority for them.



I also made the cake for the reception that night.  It didn't turn out exactly like I imagined in my head (they never do) but I thought it was very elegant and it tasted great.


Overall, we had a grat time and we were glad to be able to share this special day with Stephen and Becky.  Congratulations to the both of you! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment