Sunday, December 4, 2011

Halloween 2011

I have always loved family theme costumes.  I remember one year as a kid my bother and sister and I were ghosts and my parents were ghost busters.  I know as my kids get older they'll probably want to pick there own costumes and not follow my theme, so I decided to take advantage of them being to young to choose and having all of us dress in a theme. 

We went with the Cat in the Hat since that is one of Mariann's favorite books and cartoons.  I was the Cat in the Hat, Lee was the Fish, and Mariann and Peter were Thing 1 and Thing 2. 



Mariann would NOT let me spray her hair blue and I didn't want to traumatize her, so we just went with the blue head band instead.


We even carved our pumpkin like a cat.  Mariann loved helping to draw the face on it but she wasn't a big fan of getting the seeds out.  She thought it was "too yucky."  Peter on the other hand loves all messes and enjoyed throwing the seeds around.



One of the nice things about Halloween in Arizona is you don't have to wear your coat over your costume.  Also, a lot if the people sit outside on in their driveway, so they can see everyone.  It really creates a festival type atmosphere that I enjoyed.  Both Mariann and Peter caught on to the idea of trick or treating really quickly.  When someone would bring out there bowl of candy to get some candy for them, Peter would really quickly stick his hand in the bowl and grab a whole handful before they could give him just one piece.



Mariann ended up with so much candy she could hardly lift her pumpkin by the end of the night.


1 comment: